Tuesday, February 14, 2017

How about 'dem love apples?

Valentines Day might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think there can never be too many days to celebrate the people you love. If that sounds too Hallmark for words, rest assured that I'll cheerfully stab anyone who claims that 'every day is Valentines Day for us'. It's precisely because every day ISN'T full of hearts and flowers that we need to be grateful for the ones that are.


Anyway, if you're stuck for ideas for ways to celebrate, here are some particularly good tomato recipes to make for your beloved(s). If that seems like a weird thing to do, rest assured that the French once thought tomatoes had aphrodisiac powers. Oh la la and all that, you know?


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. I am a fan of peanut butter and tomatoes on toast with some seasoning so am interested in the idea of marinating the tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try it! It helps boost the flavour of tomatoes that aren't at their best.

      Delete
  2. I will make a tomato salad when we have homegrown tomatoes, yes Valentines Day is not every day - thank goodness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your homegrown tomatoes fare better than mine are at the moment, they're taking a long time to get going!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy, this reminds me - if I'm planting tomatoes this year, I better get them in the ground this week! My gardening has dwindled to nothing, I'm afraid. But there's nothing like a homegrown tomato!

    ReplyDelete

Hello - thanks for stopping by. If this was real life I'd make you a cup of tea and open the biscuit tin, but in lieu of those things, let's have a chat anyway...